Monday, July 25, 2011

Catching Up!

Well, it's been a very busy couple of months since I posted here.  This is just a quick post while I have a little time.  Will post more when I have more time. 

We finally got the house "water disaster" fixed up and the last tradesperson finished up last Monday.  I had no hot water in the kitchen for six weeks and no dishwasher for two months.  Wah!!!  Amazing what we get used to.  The good news is that we have a new bathroom, a newly-painted laundry room with new flooring, dd's bedroom has been re-painted and the carpeting replaced.  I also got new countertops in my kitchen.  It was a very stressful time, but it's done now.  Many thanks to OnSide Restoration, who saw us through it all. 

The bad news........the reno set us back about $16,000!  With no insurance (we DO have insurance, but they don't cover water damage over TIME), and the black mould a possible health risk to everyone, we had no choice but to go ahead and get it done.  With DH working a new job, it wasn't possible for him to do it, so we had to just bite the bullet and have it done.

I do have pics of the renos, but my camera is missing in action right now, so will upload when I can find it.  I'll try not to be such a poor correspondent.  It's just been a whirlwind time of late.

1 comment:

Jean said...

My goodness, Audrey, what a time you have been through! I'm glad the restorations and renovations are complete. One positive outcome from discovering the source of the leak is that your bills for gas or hydro, whichever heated your hot water tank, should be lower! But I guess it will take a lot of years of lower bills to add up to $16,000 - Ouch!
Take care - enjoy having your house back in order and time to enjoy family, including of course furries and feathers.