Monday, May 16, 2011

Washing Dishes

Well, the guys came on Friday and tore out the entire bathroom - right down to the concrete.  They left it all done up in plastic so the room was totally contained in a "negative airspace" with a fan blowing out the window.  That left me with no hot water to my kitchen or laundry room.  Luckily, we still have hot water in our master bathroom and the small bathroom near our front door.  They have their own hot water source.  So, I got to wash dishes by hand this weekend - woohoo!  Haven't done that in awhile.  Keeps you grateful for what you DO have, I guess.  :-D

Luckily, we have two other bathrooms - not sure how that would have played out if that had been our only bathroom, as it was before we built the additions to the house.  Oh, well, I guess I don't need to think about that.

The restoration company will be back again today.  They still have not found how far the water damage goes.  It will cost more than was thought since they couldn't finish in one day.  Nice.  At least they are available to do it - for that I'm very thankful as DH is far too busy to be able to do it himself.  Too bad the house insurance doesn't cover it, though.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now as I have THREE extra birds in the house.  Xena, the foster Quaker, Casey the foundling, and my Senegal, Cubby has come back after being placed in her new home last year.  Really noticing it with washing dishes by hand and the extra noise. Quakers really seem to feed off other Quakers' noisiness, and bird dishes really add up.

Had a good day yesterday.  Cooked lots of food for the birds so I could freeze it.  It just helps me to get going a bit quicker in the mornings.  Spent a lot of time on my feet, which had my back hurting pretty good last night, but it could have been worse.  Glad that I'm feeling better these days!

Watched the hockey game last night - game one of round three of the Stanley Cup final.  Our Canucks won over the San Jose sharks.  Hopefully they can get past this team to the final.  Go, Canucks, go!!!

Have a great day, everyone.  Another day of demolition here.


1 comment:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Wow, you certainly are busy...and you think my house is noisy? Not compared to you...I have no idea how you do it...I certainly couldn't.

Hope you have a great week. We need to do coffee soon:-)

{hugs}